NJDive

NJDive
NJDive.com

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve Day Tradition

Me with John S.
Lenny C. and John S.


For as many years as I can remember, I've tried to do a dive on New Years Eve Day.  This year I went to Dutch Springs with John S. and Lenny C.  Air temp was 31 degrees, and the water temp 45 degrees.  We hit the cove and dropped to the pump house, hitting a max. depth of about 70 feet or so.  We worked our way up by the stairs and along the wall.  We had a nice dive, but I cut my drygloves on a zebra mussel and it caused a small leak by my right thumb. Its an easy fix, but I'm just pissed at myself for grabbing something with these gloves on.  Anyway, this was John's first cold water dive, and only his third dive with his new drysuit. It went pretty well for him.  Lenny was diving double 120's, which is too much for this old back.  I was diving a steel 100, along with John.  We had about a 30 minute or so dive.  Viz. was probably 30 feet.  It was a nice time, and a great way to end the year.  I'm hoping for much more diving in 2013.


No comments: