NJDive

NJDive
NJDive.com

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Three wreck dives blown out in a row...

...equals going to Dutch Springs just to get wet.

My planned wreck dive was blown out for Saturday, making it three in a row that got cancelled due to weather. Out of despair, Stephan and I agreed that if this trip got blown out, we'd meet at Dutch just to get wet. A steady rain was coming down, but it wasn't cold or windy. It was actually a nice day except for the rain. For some odd reason, the student side was JAMMED, but the peninsula side was not. We did two dives with a total runtime of 1:40. The coolest part was when we did a midwater nav. from the helicopter to the bus, we decided to stop at the unmarked cruiser sitting on the road. We were poking around when suddenly two freedivers appeared out of nowhere. Stephan was in the cruiser and came face to face with a freediver at 45'. I had my camera out and tried getting a shot of a rebreather diver and a freediver on the same site. I didn't get the exact shot I wanted, but I did get a few. Check them out, I posted them on the Wreckvalley photo gallery. There are a few other shots included too.

No comments: